Completely hide field if empty

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

It might sound weird, but i need to completely hide field if empty (NULL).

Few fields users fill during a specific status via Transition: screen. But sometimes they forget and fill them too early. Even if i set Context fields: Hide when empty, they still find them and try to input data :)

Is there a way to create an automate rule to hide/unhide fields?

There are five states for fields:

1. Disabled (not in a Screen field)
  2. Hidden
  3. Context fields: Hide when empty
  4. Context fields: visible
  5. Description fields

I want those fields to be 1 or 2 while empty and 4 then they get data via Transition: screen

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@Alexey, I don't believe that there is any way to do what you are looking for. Can I ask, why do your users continue to fill in data if it isn't the right time? 

Thanks,

Kian

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Old habits =) 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

I understand! Maybe just some friendly shaming :P

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2021

Actually, i can Disable (not in a Screen field) field yet collect data to that field via Transition: screen and then populate value to another issue (we have a special sub-task for estimation).

But that's a last resort, for now, i just did a 'Hide when empty' to remove it from sight.

Alex Worden November 15, 2022

Can you explain where this "Hide when empty" option is please? 

Like Walter Lamm likes this
1 vote
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

IMHO, you should be looking at the screens, you can set different screens in a different state of the ticket. CREATE/VIEW/EDIT.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events