Comparison of TestFLO vs XRay vs Zephyr on JIRA Server

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi,

at least for TestFLO and Zephyr you will find some good information here: http://blog.mgm-tp.com/2016/07/test-management-with-jira/

greetings

Benjamin

Yes thank you, I have seen that. I was very much interested in knowing if someone has tried XRay. Looking at the objects in JIRA it seems the most complete of them all.

Hi @kouros goodarzi,

thanks! Because Xray uses JIRA issues it brings you a lot of additional features implicitly ootb, such as customization of screens, workflows, additional "attributes" (i.e. custom fields), ability to include them directly in Agile boards, accountability, changes tracking, among many other.

A great thing, in our opinion, is that you can do things such as supporting multiple project organization scenarios, which can be quite useful for many organizations.

Regards,

Xray for JIRA Team

Hi,

You may find a comparison between Xray and Zephyr here, and we are able to provide you a more exhaustive comparison if you need.

There are some more available if you google for it, such as this one.

Tools evolve with time, so some comparisons may be outdated though and it all will depend in what you're looking for.

We do believe that Xray is a great tool for management of both manual and automated tests, either Cucumber or any other. If you want to give a look, we have extensive documentation for automated tests including tutorials. And we believe it's the best, not because we say so, but because our customers say so. 

And if you're keen to Agile and have on real-time feedback, because we use JIRA issues you can take many benefits of it such as having the ability to include them in your boards.

Also, whenever you look at a tool you should think in several aspects, such as the time in the market (we are more than 3 years), the quality of the support you get (check reviews from our customers),  the quality of the documentation and other goodies such as regular webinars, video tutorials

Please don't hesitate to reach us through our service desk, and we will be glad to help you in your needs and even provide a demo or more resources if you need.

Best regards,

Xray for JIRA Team

0 votes

I think that there are even more candidates to be included in such comparison, like Kanoah Tests. I myself would also be very interested in this.

The links provided by others are good. We use Zephyr for JIRA for our QA Team. So far it has been a big success. Zephyr uses JIRA issues to manage the tests. The test cycles are managed from within JIRA which keeps us from having to move between software. That was a huge pain point in the past. The integration with project versions and settings also saves us a lot of time. We can tie our tests to projects and versions so we can see our progress over time. I don't have any experience with other testing plugins in JIRA, but we gave Zephyr a try and stuck with it. I'd recommend it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,910 views 19 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you