Commits do not add comments into jira ticket with #comment

I am using SourceTree to commit my changes and Stash in conjunction with Jira.

Stash did recognize the JIRA ticket(s) in my commit message, so did JIRA and added the commits in the Developer section however i used the directives

#comment

#resolve

but neither of them worked. Before I did the same thing to a BitBucket repository which was linked to a JIRA Ticket, it worked without any problems. The JIRA Ticket closed as well as added my commit comment (as far as I remember)

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Adam Ahmed Atlassian Team Feb 15, 2015

Hi Tomek,

Stash has yet not implemented "smart commits", which is what you are looking for. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2490 for more info.

Cheers,
Adam

oh ok that makes sense, I assumed that Stash included all functionality of BitBucket and that I misconfigured something in my setup/repo or whatnot. Good to know it's not a mistake on my end :-P

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you