CommentedBy, CommentedOn don't seem to work

Andrew_Buckley November 28, 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to perform searches for results using the commentedBy and CommentedOn JQL keywords.

My understanding is that:

1. CommentedBy should be able to match a person - or also work with the EMPTY command
  2. CommentedOn should be able to match a date - or also work with the EMPTY command

Yet when searching a project that I know has issues with comments on them, it's still not finding any results.

Any ideas on what is occurring?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Andrew_Buckley

Or if this isn't ScriptRunner, what app are you using? These aren't standard JQL functions for Cloud.

Ste

Andrew_Buckley December 12, 2019

Thanks guys.

We do have ScriptRunner installed, so this is why the 'non-standard' JQL keywords for these commands are appearing in the advanced search field.

The issueFunction commands mentioned above do work as expected when using the on-premise version.

Based in the ScriptRunner documentation: "Comparison with ScriptRunner for JIRA Server". The commands being used in cloud are correct, it's simply not returning any matches when looking at comments.

e.g.

assignee = currentUser() [works in cloud]

commentedBy = currentUser() [does not work in cloud]

I'll ping the ScriptRunner support team to see if they have any ideas but will close this ticket off.

Brady Boos October 15, 2020

@Andrew_Buckley 

Did the ScriptRunner support team help you at all with this.  I am running into the same problem you described above.  

Thanks!

Andrew_Buckley October 19, 2020

Hi Brady,

unfortunately we closed our internal cloud PoC before getting any more information to resolve this.

Best of luck with it!

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hello,

Do you have scriptrunner ? It's seems that you are using it.

Try this :

issueFunction in commented('by currentuser()')
issueFunction in commented('after startofmonth()')

You can look at this documentation

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_commented

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer