Comment via mail is added to wrong project

Frederik De Roover
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2021

We use JEMH as our mail handler and have created a project with with a catchall address example@example.com, which runs in the operation mode Create and Comment.

When a person mails to example@example.com without a key in their subject, the default mapped project (GOOD) creates a new ticket, GOOD-1

When a person mails to example@example.com with a key in their subject (BAD-1), this is added as a comment to the BAD project. 

There's only one rule, and this states that everything is mapped against the GOOD project. How can we configure JEMH, to only allow commenting in the GOOD project, and not the BAD project?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2021

@Frederik De Roover  JEMH has you covered :) You can control what projects can be commented on via the subject!

If you are using JEMH Server/DC:

• Go to your JEMH profile and edit the Email section
  • Find the setting "Subject IssueKey (comment) Regexps"
  • This is the regular expression (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression) used to detect issue keys in the subject. Modify the expression to match only the issue keys for projects you want to be commentable via the subject issue key

If you are using JEMH Cloud:

• Go to your profile and edit the relevant project mapping
  • Under Pre-processing > Issue Association you will find the setting "Subject Issue Key Regex"
  • Like above, modify to match only issue keys from projects that should be commentable in this way
Frederik De Roover
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

Thank you! Using regex everything works as planned!

Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

Glad I could help. For more information on ways to associate emails to issues in JEMH feel free to take a look at this wiki page: https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/l/c/3U1QkKC6

Regards,

Mike @ The Plugin People

0 votes
Koffi FIADJIGBE June 7, 2023

I have created a mail Handler as above for create or comment ticket, which is working well so far. Only it creates new ticket instead of comment when existing ticket is closed or resolved, which i suppose is normal behavior due to resolved statuses in issue association. In the other hand, it creates new ticket instead of comment if i change the issue type manually (eg. incident to service request)  before new mail for same issue arrives supposing to create comment. Has anyone seen that before or have an idea how to fix ?

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Dear @Frederik De Roover ,

-edit- removed my answer. Another answer was more accurate.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer