Comment box not available on JIRA view issue page

When I click on "Comment" but present under Activity section, I am not getting the Comment box to put my comments. I have also attached the screenshot for your reference. Even I am the JIRA administrator and also the project admin. Please help guys.

CETS.PNG

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Josh Steckler Community Champion Apr 14, 2017

Have you tried a different browser? And are you using any browser extensions? This looks like a browser rendering issue rather than a permissions issue.

Hi Darapu,

The first thing I'd check is the permission scheme used for the project you're working in.

Even if you're a JIRA administrator and Project admin, unless you (individually or as part of a group or project role) are assigned the permission "Add Comments" you won't be able to add a comment.

If that's not the cause of the problem we can have a look at other possibilities.

Hello,

We have the exact same problem.

Until now we have not found a solution, it just comes and goes away randomly, but we found that disabling Scriptrunner makes commeting available. So currently we have an issue opened with their support.

We discovered this by going into safe mode in JIRA and disabling / enabling add-ons.

If you have a solution for this, please post it, because we have for about 2/3 months.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

72 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you