Comment Notification emails hide content after migrating to Cloud

Sue Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2024

We recently migrated Jira to the Cloud. When Jira was on-prem / Server, emails generated by comments and notification emails were readable in Outlook. For example, "Sue - I've added the attachment you need." But, now that we've migrated Jira to Cloud, these same notification emails simply say something like "Jane commented on ISSUE #" and we have to click the view comment link to go to the story directly and read the comment. This is very aggravating to our users. I've not been able to find a way to enable the content of comments to be readable in the email notification now that we are on the Cloud. This is for Jira Software managing our Agile and Kanban projects (we don't have Service Desk) and this is a different behavior for comment notifications via email than we had with the Server vs Cloud version and no settings have been changed. Thanks for any help! 

1 answer

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

Hello, Good day. Go to the following URL and check the email format setting. https://xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/jira/settings/personal/notifications

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 9.42.53 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events