Comment Field Taking Up Space

Da
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2024

I do not have control over how we use Jira. That is with people higher above me, in another state. I asked about this and, assuming they telling the truth, they say this problem is more of Atlassian's than there's. So, trying this post here. It seems when using the comment field, it takes up space of the ticket. The bigger the comment field, the less space on the ticket. So I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this, or is just us locally in my building. Thanks.

I attached three examples.

1 shows ticket screen with comment window not active

2 shows the default size once clicked and already taking space

3 shows the comment window full, taking up all the ticket realest, and you can see my browser scroll is in the middle of the ticket's notes that can not be seen!

1.png2.png3.png

The formatting of this form is terrible. I can not cleanly paste the version info, nor can I attach a TXT file. So...

Here is info on what I use, as a lowly end user, in my company.

Jira v9.12.13 This product also includes the following libraries which are covered by the GNU LGPL license: atlassian-image-consumer (com.atlassian.image:atlassian-image-consumer:1.0.1:jar) carol (carol:carol:1.5.2:jar) carol-properties (carol:carol-properties:1.5.2:jar) datafile (datafile:datafile:1.3.3:jar) image4j (org.jclarion:image4j:0.7:jar) jcaptcha (com.octo.captcha:jcaptcha:2.0-alpha-1:jar) jcaptcha-api (com.octo.captcha:jcaptcha-api:2.0-alpha-1:jar) jcommon (jfree:jcommon:1.0.8:jar) jfreechart (jfree:jfreechart:1.0.13:jar) JSCalendar (1.0) jStyleParser (net.sf.cssbox:jstyleparser:3.5:jar) jStyleParser (net.sf.cssbox:jstyleparser:4.0.0:jar) SpotBugs Annotations (com.github.spotbugs:spotbugs-annotations:4.7.2:jar) TinyMCE-TinyMCE (5.10.3) xapool (xapool:xapool:1.3.1:jar) Custom Content for Jira v2.5.6 Bar Charts for Jira v7.1.0 Advanced Roadmaps for Jira v9.12.13 This plugin includes the following libraries covered by the GNU LGPL license: GNU Trove(net.sf.trove4j:trove4j:3.0.3) JGraphT - Core(org.jgrapht:jgrapht-core:1.4.0) JGraphT - I/O(org.jgrapht:jgrapht-io:1.4.0) jStyleParser(net.sf.cssbox:jstyleparser:3.5) Workflow Enhancer for Jira v6.0.4 Jira Agile v9.12.13

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2024

Hi @david_parlante welcome to the community!  I found JRASERVER-70979 on Atlasssian's Jira site with would provide the ability to resize the comment field.  I would suggest voting for and watching the issue for further updates.

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer