Combining multiple issueInEpic statement results in not able to create sprint

Shaw, Peter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2022

When I try to combine the following two statement I loose the ability to create a sprint on the board that uses the filter

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = WMS and status = 'Ready' ")
OR (issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = WMS and status != 'Ready'") ) project = WMS AND status not in ("To Do", Backlog, Done) )

I have changed the second statement to this with no luck.

(project = WMS AND status not in ("To Do", Backlog, Done) and issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = WMS and status != 'Ready'") )

If I run either statement individually I am able to create the sprints

The intent of the second statement is to show a story for an epic that represents a POC required to continue refining the other stories in the epic, which we don't want to show on the board as they are not refined yet

Appreciate any insights you might have

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

Issuefunction doesn't work for Cloud, unless you have an addon (Scriptrunner) to make them function.

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

When I run part of that query on cloud, I get this error:

Your JQL includes the [issuesInEpics] function from the [Adaptavist Scriptrunner] app for Jira Server. This function works differently in Jira Cloud. Refer to https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/features/scriptrunner-jql-keywords-functions for details or contact the app provider.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events