Color picker issue for card color - How do I choose a color?

sean December 23, 2019

There is an issue with the color picker when choosing card colors. I am unable to select a color. As you can see in the screenshot my only option is yellow. I have been using Jira for many years and I don't think I have ever seen a color picker like this before.

Jira Cloud

Browser: Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

MacOS CatalinaScreen Shot 2019-12-23 at 3.53.49 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2019

Hello Sean,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for reporting this issue to us.

I tested on my local site and was able to replicate the same behavior for all the options. So, for existing options, we can't change the color and if we want to create a new one based on JQL for example, if the default is set as Blue (like what happens on my site), we can only select different Blue colors.

Based on that, I created a bug for our Dev Team to investigate:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates.

I added a gif on the Bug, but feel free to add other screenshots.

Regards,
Angélica

sean December 26, 2019

I found that this is a cosmetic issue (though an incredibly inconvenient one). Behind this there is a real color picker and if you know where to click you can change the colors. The problem is that it is invisible. I was able to set the epic color to Blue and the bug to Red and the Story to Green.

Suggest an answer