Cloud Migration Tools erroneously reports multiple users with same email address

Mike Cavalieri May 25, 2021

I am using the CMT to migrate from Jira Software 8.15 to Jira Cloud. I am trying to migrate only the Users and Groups, no Projects at this time. However, there is a migration error that "Multiple users have the same email address", but the corresponding 2 users do not exist. I cannot move forward with this migration until I discover the 2 users. but there is not other user using the email address. 

Has this been seen anywhere else?

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.27.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.27.44 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2021

Hello Mike!

Glad to hear you testing out the migration to the cloud, but really unfortunate you're running into a user management issue. It sounds sound like you have a duplicate user email hidden away, you'll most likely have to go to the database to correct this issue (Chances are the user was registered twice at some point).

We do suggest you work with your DBA to complete any work within a production database, if available we ask you to clone/copy the database to complete your discovery and testing to avoid any impacts to production (Don't test in production!)

Here is a similar Community post for SQL query to get the user details based on the email address. We also have resources to help you find your users and their emails; Database – User and Group tables.

If you're still having issues resolving this please reach back out!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer