Cloud - Is there anywhere \ way to get a list of independent projects?

Phil Stamp June 15, 2018

I'm looking to merge 2 cloud instances & in order to do that I have to create Server backups from the Cloud instances. Independent projects are not supported in Server, hence I need to know if any have been created so their issues can be moved into server-supported projects.

This link mentions you can see them during backup:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/exporting-issues-776636787.html

Jira lists all your independent projects, links to filters that contain those projects' issues, and information about the project's owner to help you investigate what issues your may want to keep in your backup.

Is that the only way to see them or are they shown on the projects page or can they be found through JQL?

TIA

Phil

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Francisco Oselame
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Hi Phil.

Unfortunately, these projects aren't listed as 'Independent Projects' when you go to the Project List of your instance.

However, when you go to the 'Backup Manager' page of your instance, in the 'Backup for Server' section, if you have any Independent Project on your instance, the project will be listed there as well as its now and how many issues are in that project, like in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.06.24.png

You can also see that there are options to either move the issues to another project or to delete these Independent Projects. Once you've deleted all of them, the Backup for Server option than become available.

Can you please try that and let me know if that works for you?

Thanks,

Francisco Oselame

Phil Stamp June 18, 2018

Thanks Francisco

The screenshot is very helpful ;)

Cheers

Phil

Suggest an answer