Cloud API - create issue to board

Profundus August 5, 2019

Hello,

I've got my hands on the Jira-Cloud-API to create some issues at runtime for my kanban board.

Therefor I'm using the URL "rest/api/3/board/issue" and I'm fine on the point, for getting my tasks into the backlog.

Now I'm stucked at the point of adding the issue to the board. It would be great to get this with only one api call done. Something like "rest/api/3/board/issue" or whatever.

I tried to compare the json between a backlog vs. a board-task without any outcome.

Edit: I'm using the Kanban of the next generation, adding a API-Call "create issue" as type "task"

Captain, help, please!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Profundus August 6, 2019

Hello,

I've got it. There was no hint to create the relationship between the board and the task in the documentation. I've solved this by changing my project settings to remove the "backlog".

After removing this function, tasks are directly added to the board.

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2019

Hello,

Issues do not belong to boards. Boards select issues by filters from projects. You need to change your issue so that the filter for a board would select it.

Profundus August 5, 2019

Hey Alexey,

thanks for your response. I can call the "issuetype": "id" to create a "task" but that doesn't change anything to add it in my kanban-board

Andrew Webb May 27, 2021

I would respectively disagree with this comment. There is definitely a demarkation between the board and the backlog items in the backlog screen. If I create an issue from the board it gets put on the board otherwise the same issue created through the API gets put on the backlog by default.

As per the OP's original question: how do you add an issue onto the board section of this screen?

Andrew Webb May 27, 2021

Suggest an answer