Closing the task modal, reloads the page and opens the modal again.

Tymoteusz Stępień April 7, 2021

Closing the task modal, reloads the page, and opens the modal again. I have no way to access the board/dashboard without going to the browser bar and deleting everything to "https://[****].atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=58".

Environment:
MacBook Pro 15inch 2017, macOS 11.2
Firefox 87.0

STR:

Open board (for example Epic Board) > Open task if you have one > click "X" in the right top corner to close the task modal > Whole board page is reloading and after that task modal of the same task is opening

12 answers

2 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

@Tymoteusz Stępień Welcome to community.  

I tried to recreate the issue but was not able to.  Have you tried clearing the browsers cache to see if it is an old JavaScript issue?   Also is it doing this in a different browser such as Chrome?

Tymoteusz Stępień April 8, 2021

thank you @Brant Schroeder - clearing the cache did the trick, at least for now :)

or not, it's appearing that after opening new browser window it come back :/ only on Firefox

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@Tymoteusz Stępień since the issue is only happening in Firefox do you happen to have an plugins installed in the browser?

Yes, I do have but before that, it was working correctly with that plugins:

• 1Password Manager
  • ColorZilla
  • DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
  • Grammarly for Firefox
  • JWT Debugger
  • Raindrop.io
  • Simple Lorem Ipsum
  • uBlock Origin
  • Zoom Scheduler
AskarK May 16, 2022

@Brant Schroeder it happens to me from time to time recently. I'm using chrome, and I can't tell why or when it happens (only that it's an ticket view dialog on a board page  https://ddd.atlassian.net/jira/people/xxxx/boards/nnn?modal=detail&assignee=yyy)

Cristian Radic-Hunter June 7, 2022

I'm encountering the same behavior on Chrome. It started a couple of months back and I need to delete the `modal=detail` from the address bar in order to get rid of the modal

Kostandin Dimitrijevic July 11, 2022

It still happens in Firefox on Linux, both 20.04 and 22.04. I cannot reproduce it in other browsers.

Nico September 7, 2022

Can confirm this happens to me too on Firefox 104.0.1 on windows 10.

This is really hurting usability.

edit : for some reason I can't create an issue on the jira cloud bug tracker (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD) and I couldn't find an existing one regarding. Could someone create one please ?

Thomas Greenwood September 23, 2022

Still happens from time to time (especially after coming back next day).  Have to remove the modal URL parameter to make it go away.

Karsten Zacher Nielsen October 9, 2022

Clear cash is a simple workaround here.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Guy Elsmore-Paddock October 11, 2022
  1. "Clearing cash" is certainly something the Atlassian Cloud is good at -- we pay quite a bit for per seat because of the plugins we use.
  2. Clearing browser *caches* has not had any effect on the issue.
AskarK October 12, 2022

Also, I don't use ONLY jira to clear all the caches.

Like Praveen Subramanian likes this
julius_eckert November 7, 2022

This has been happening for years now. It has nothing to do with browser, OS or any plugins or clearing caches.

Happens to me 20 times a day. I have a bookmark to reload the entire board. Resetting the board to the same filters and scroll position is very frustrating.

@Brant Schroeder Reproducing this bug is hard. Here is how you can figure it out: Sometimes the board reloads when you close the modal. The devs can probably tell you why it happens. Once you have the steps to get the board reloading when you close a modal. You will very likely encounter the bug.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

@julius_eckert I am a community member.  I would suggest submitting a support issue detailing the issue to Atlassian https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ Then they can look at what is actually happening in the system.

1 vote
Gary Pinkham September 26, 2023

2+ years and its still a bug.    I have found it usually is assigning the open ticket to someone that isn't in the boards filters.      going to the URL and removing the `modal=detail` from the URL fixes it.   until I do the same thing with the next ticket and start the lovely process again.   I would think this flow is quite common. surprised it doesn't drive 100% of the users crazy.  

AskarK September 26, 2023

I think the problem is that atlasiian is either disconnected from the feedback (do not see/gather), or they ignore it (for ex because it just drowns in the sea of other tickets). To me it's so persistent, that I had to create a bookmark, and reload it every time this s* happens.

1 vote
Mike Lange July 19, 2023

Same thing here - randomly occurs.

The cause will be some code is resetting `modal=detail` in the URL causing the modal to flip open again, really shouldn't be all that complicated to fix (right??)

1 vote
Guy Elsmore-Paddock October 7, 2022

I'm seeing the same thing. It happens most often when the board has been filtered to a specific assignee and the task that's open is modified to a different assignee than the filter allows.

I filed a support ticket about the issue (JST-808210) since it's not possible to create tickets directly in the JSW Cloud project.

Karsten Zacher Nielsen October 10, 2022

Interesting observation. I had a similar but a bit more inconclusive observation. It seemed to happen when assignee had been changed. However, in a "controlled experiment" I couldn't reproduce the issue.

1 vote
Karsten Zacher Nielsen September 23, 2022

We see the same behavior in my org.

We use

• Jira Software Cloud Premium in
  • MS Edge on
  • Windows 10 Pro, version 21H2 on
  • Dell laptops.
0 votes
Oleksandr Isniuk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2024

Same issue here. Chrome, Sonoma 14.3. None of the hacks here helped. Looks like for 3 years developers of super expensive product don't give a hack about users. It easily steals 2 hours weekly. And stress level spikes can't be measured at all.

0 votes
EdG October 17, 2023

Just got a new laptop, Tecra Dynabook. 

Windows 11 and Chrome.

First JIRA I open in a modal, and now it's stuck.

Never had this problem on my previous Tecra Dynabook with chrome on Windows 10.

Tried zooming out as other threads have suggested, but can't see any extra buttons.

0 votes
octavio September 29, 2023

This issue is happening to me pretty much daily, very frustrating, Linux Mint, Chrome, bunch of plugins.

Note - closing the ticket and quickly Ctrl + Shift + R seems to fix the issue.

octavio September 29, 2023

- don't devs at atlassian use their own product? 

0 votes
Boris Tetřev September 20, 2023

The same issue here. Using Firefox 117.0 on Mac. It's a bit frustrating to change the URL in browser everytime I change an assignee on ticket. Firstly I thought the issue will be fixed in a few days but it happens for couple of months now.

0 votes
Anusha Rutnam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2023

Hi everyone, I just came across the following bug and I think it might be a match for what commenters are describing in this post: JSWCLOUD-24269 An issue screen is reopened after creating a child issue and closing the screen

0 votes
Louis Skriba May 26, 2023

Myself and my coworkers also seeing this, in Safari 16.4, Ventura 13.3.1, MacBook Pro M1 chip.

0 votes
Tomasz Kane May 24, 2023

I have same problem, It's hard to reproduce. KDE Neon (Linux), Jira cloud, Brave bowser.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events