Closing sprint - "Done" issues still carried over to the next sprint

Chris Horne January 3, 2022

I've searched for answers to this problem and it's suggested that the issues are not marked as "Done", but I'm certain they are!

This is what I get when I try to complete the sprint:

Screenshot 2022-01-03 175930.jpg

And when I look at the sprint report - some of those issues definitely look "Done"
Screenshot 2022-01-03 180214.jpg

Here's the details of the first issue - suitably redacted

Screenshot 2022-01-03 180407.jpg

+ details of the columns and statuses on the board
Screenshot 2022-01-03 180540.jpg

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

3 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Chris Horne 

For Jira Scrum boards, it considers things as "done" for the sprint when they are in the right-most column on the board.

You could have two status values in that last column, and have people drop the issue on the appropriate one.  Or, instead use resolution to indicate "rejected".

Kind regards,
Bill

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Only your "rejected" issues are "done" according to the board settings.  The only thing that a board and its sprints and backlog consider "done" is the last column on the board.

Map your "done" status into the last column along with rejected, and get rid of the now empty second-to-last column, that will fix it all.

Chris Horne January 3, 2022

Great - That worked
I was naively assuming that if the issue had a green tick to show it was "Done" then it was done...
Thanks for your help

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

The resolution field MUST also be filled in addition to @Bill Sheboy comment

Suggest an answer