• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Closing multiple JIRA ticket through MS-excel upload

HI!! Is there any way, where in we can close multiple JIRA tickets at one shot.  

1 answer

Hi @Anika Goyal

You can do it directly on Jira - to do this:

1. Go to the issue search page on your instance (either Issues > Search for Issues on Server / DC, or Issues and Filters > Search Issues on Cloud)
  2. Search for the issues you wish to close in batches of 1000.
  3. Select Options (3-dots) on Cloud or Tools on Server - both are in the top-right of the search screen and select "Bulk Change"
  4. Select the issues you wish to close and press Next
  5. Select Transition Issues, and then follow the steps through to the end to transition issues to Done / Closed

I find sometimes if you have lots of different issue types, resolutions and workflows that doing it per issue type can be a little simpler using this method.

For full instructions on using the Bulk tools - see this Confluence page.

You can do it using the CSV Importer if you prefer - but only via the System Admin one (accessed via Jira Admin > System > External System Import. As long as you include:

• Issue Key (maps to the existing issue key in Jira, eg. ABC-123
  • Summary (required by the import process)
  • The relevant fields and the update you need to make per key - including mandatory fields (eg. Status, Resolution)

^ Then this should work via the importer. Find more information on updating issues on this other Confluence page.

Ste

Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply. 

One more thing, While closing the tickets I need to update some information on each JIRA ticket. Can I do that through this import process? I use JIRA just for invoice verification, so just want to ease out my work. 

Hi @Anika Goyal

Sure, you can add any field into the upload that you wish - just add the field as a column and include a new value per key / row.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you