Closed tickets are still displayed in the all open queue in agent dashboard

Keith Thevan February 3, 2020

Hi,

All the closed tickets are still in the open queue, checked the workflow looks fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

KeithJira1.jpgJira2.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

Keith, you have posted this in the Jira Software collection but I have a suspicion that maybe this is for Jira Service Desk given you are talking queues and Agents. Assuming so, please edit the queue where you are undesirably seeing closed issues. Inspect the JQL for the potential cause. My first thought was that the JQL was considering closed using the resolution and maybe you were not setting but your images indicate that you are. So I’m thinking that while the name of the queue is “all open” in fact it is not excluding Closed status or resolution is not empty.

Keith Thevan February 5, 2020

Hi Jack,

You are correct, we are using service desk, apologizes for posting this in the wrong section, still a newbie :)

Your suggestion helped to solved the issue.

Cheers,

Keith

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

Hello Keith,

Welcome to the community!

Which type of board are you using?

It is important to note that a board and sprint's definition of done is "in the far right hand column on the board".  The status and category do not matter beyond the status being in that column.

The solution is as follows:

• Ensure your "Closed" status is mapped to the far right column of your board
  • If you actually don't want to see those completed/done issues any more on the board during an active sprint, edit your board's Filter query to exclude issues in the status Closed ( " AND Status != Closed ").

Once you move them to this status, they will disappear from the board, but as they are technically mapped to the far right column, they won't be carried forward to the next sprint. :)

Please give a try and let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Carlos

Keith Thevan February 5, 2020

Hi Carols,

Thanks for the update, I should have mentioned it we are using Jira service desk.

But your suggestions helped me to navigate the issue. :)

Cheers,

Keith 

Like carlosughini likes this

Suggest an answer