Clone subtasks with Jira automation?

Bart Jacobs December 18, 2020

If i use the JSON fix, I get the error: data was not an object (parent). The parent was a "bug" issue, so this should not be a problem.

Cloning sub tasks seems to be in the backlog since 2017, is there any update on when this will be released?

The workarounds posted doesn't seem to work anymore and I'm looking for a solution to clone an issue along with sub tasks from one project to another...

2 answers

0 votes
Bart Jacobs January 4, 2021

Hi, I meant as mentioned here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-clone-a-task-and-its-subtasks/qaq-p/605089

The goal was to turn sub-tasks into sub-tasks clones in a new project.

The workaround we use now is to stay away from sub-tasks and only use issues/stories.

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi @Bart Jacobs,

It looks like a lot of users manage to get it to work with the Automation feature; for example - this thread.

That being said, would it be possible to provide a screenshot of your configuration and also the error that you are seeing?

Thanks,
Moga

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2021

Hi @Bart Jacobs ,

Please share with us what is the JSON fix? What do you mean by:

Cloning sub tasks seems to be in the backlog since 2017, is there any update on when this will be released?

And also what is the workaround that you have tried?

Thanks,
Moga

Suggest an answer