It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Clone or copy an entire project in Jira Cloud

Hi I want to clone and ENTIRE project in Jira. Why? Because I want separated projects for iOS and Android. They will be quite similar so any suggestion please?

3 answers

Our app Deep Clone for Jira makes it easy to duplicate an entire project in Jira cloud. It enables you to clone and move hundreds of issues in one action.

To solve your problem you would have to:

1. Create the iOS and Android project

2. Create template tasks in one of the projects, e.g. the iOS project

3. Filter for all issues you want to clone and move

4. Execute the Deep Clone: Bulk Clone function

--> All newly created issues are cloned and moved to the Android project in one action

--> The original issues remain in the iOS project

If you have any questions or feature requests don't hesitate to contact us at support@codefortynine.com.

Hello, when you filter all issues of one project and clone and move them, will these issues be removed from the original project you are cloning?  I just want to copy these issues as they have the same issues.

Hi Marissa,

The issues are not deleted from the original project.

The new ones are copied to the new project and the old ones remain in the old project.

Of course you can also clone them into the same project. Then you would have the clones and the original issues in one project.

Thank you for your feedback, Marissa! I updated my comment above to avoid misunderstandings.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Below you have few possibilities:

1. You can create project using existing configuration from source project (you can choose this option while creating new project). Be aware that in this case changing for example workflow or permission scheme will affect both projects;

2. You can manually copy existing configurations like workflow, permission, boards etc. And then use it in new project.

3. If you want to copy already existing issues, components ,version etc I recommend scriptrunner and it's build-in "copy project"

4. You can also consider to stay with one project but separate Android and iOS tasks using basic jira functions like components or labels

Deleted user Jul 19, 2019

Does the ScriptRunner 'copy project' script work with JIRA Cloud? (Looking for a plug-in solution to this problem).

Like Oğuz_Kağan_Aslan likes this

No buit in script to copy project in scriptrunner cloud :/

Hi all ... Anyone found any route to do this? I will look at the Deep Clone add on but would like to try control this internal and possibly do this without an add on - either via the Interface or API? Anyone? Thanks in advance for new updates..

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you