Clone and move an issue to multiple projects

Vincent Gargat February 19, 2019

I have a master project where all issues are raised and multiple slave projects where those issues are dispatched, according to the issue content.

Usually, the issue must be solved in more than one project, but Jira don't have any built-in way to clone, move and link an issue to a targetted set of projects.
1 issue -> n projects

Currently, I'm working with the Jira REST API, but it would be nice to find a way with Jira GUI to reduce support for multiple technologies.

Does somebody have a solution ?

--> I'm using Jira Data Center with the plugin JSU
--> I already tried the plugin Clone and Move, but it only works for 1 issue -> 1 project
--> I tried to use JSU Jython post-function, but my company's Jira system admin told me to NOT use Jython script because of incompatibility and performance issues.

EDIT:

Related to this question: Bulk Copy/Move issue to multiple projects but the only answer recommends to use the plugin Clone and Move, which only works for 1 issue -> 1 project

1 answer

0 votes
Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2019

@Vincent Gargat 
We had same issue.
But I used groovy script for solve this issue.
You can create one method using groovy for example
 1."def issueCreate(some parameters(like:issueType,RequestType and so on.)){}"

2.and then you can declare some variables for creating issue with               different issueTypes and  RequestTypes:
               def issue1 = issueCreate(IssueType1,RequestType1);
               def issue2 = issueCreate(IssueType2,RequestType2)

Vincent Gargat March 19, 2019

Hello Jamil, many thanks for your answer :)

As I understand, the Script Runner plugin is the only way to run Groovy scripts in Jira, am I right ?

How do you trigger the execution of your script ? Manually ? During an issue transition ?

Vincent

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2019

@Vincent Gargat 
Yes you can run your scripts using Script Runner plugin.
Also you can execute your script during an issue transition.

Suggest an answer