Clone/ Copy a Project

shiva August 3, 2021

Can anyone explain how to clone or copy a project in Jira Cloud ?

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2021

Hello @shiva,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to creating new projects, currently, there are no options to clone an entire project or have project templates.

There are feature requests suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive updates from our product teams.

For now, the best option is to create a project with a shared configuration as Suvradip Paul recommended. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 4, 2021

If you want to clone a company-managed Jira project along with its issues, you can try our Atlassian Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira.

If you have questions or feedback about Deep Clone, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

1 vote
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

Hi @shiva ,

Thanks for posting.

I think you mean clone/copying i.e. sharing settings of another project. I would request you to go through this guide for https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-new-project/. Please note this is only available for Jira Admins and shared configuration setting is not available on free plan.

There are also marketplace apps, if you are interested then you can check in marketplace too - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=clone%20for%20Jira.

Please accept the answer if it resolves your query else respond and allow others to share input.

Cheers

Suvradip

Suggest an answer