Clients no longer receiving email notifications on ticket updates (Service Desk)

Shereine Dougherty July 14, 2021

Every time I was adding a comment to a ticket in Service Desk, my client received an email notification.  They are no longer receiving these notifications.  They've checked spam.  I checked settings and nothing appears wrong there.  

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

The first thing that would be worth testing would be to go back to one of the original issues where you’re really confident that they were receiving the notifications on and see if you can add a comment and observe the results. To verify you have a good issue to test with ask the customer to search for a previous email communication. If they receive an email on the old issue for the new comment then that tells us there’s something unique about the new issues. If they were not then that tells us something likely has changed within the notification scheme.

Other things to check:

• is the reporter the customer?
  • Is the customer request type set for the issue?
  • is this one customer for all customers?
  • Does this Occur on other projects?
Shereine Dougherty July 14, 2021

Yes, the reporter is the customer.

Yes, the request type seems to always be set to "Bug"

This seems to be happening for this one Customer.

This seems to be happening in JIRA Service Desk only as I am receiving JIRA notifications daily without issue.

I've asked the customer for other info but that's what we know now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events