Child issues gone after converting story to epic

Bram Haenraets May 11, 2021

In order for our stories to show up on the roadmap we need to make them "epic". So after converting them to epic, all child issues are gone! Where are they, how do I get them back? This is hours of work.

Please help, thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

The problem here is that those child issues might most probably be orphaned now or depending on your configuration it would still be attached to the child issues as Epic can still have sub-task issues. You should check the issue view and see if the sub-task are listed. If it's not, check the issue history of the parent to know the child issue keys.

Bram Haenraets May 11, 2021

Thanks, yes i found them in the "all issues" list. The quick solution I have now is to convert them all to "stories" and attach them to the corresponding epic. Takes some time, but it solves my problem. Thanks!

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

I think that might be a bit of a manual work now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events