Check Error Mail Queue and transition issue

Deleted user March 23, 2017

Hello all, 

I have a send custom email on post function transition.

I would like to check the error queue after the email is sent either by the same post function or script listener to see if the email has been sent with no errors. 

It takes approx. 12 mins after for the email to go to the error queue if the email is unsuccessful, so i need to post-pone my script to check the email queue 12 mins after post function. 

I've managed to compile the below Code to run in fast track transition so if the condition is true then it transitions its status: 

import java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit
TimeUnit.MINUTES.sleep(13) // Takes 13 mins after retry to go into error queue when unsuccessful

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.UpdateIssueRequest
import com.atlassian.mail.queue.MailQueue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue 
Issue issue  = issue
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def mailQueue = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(MailQueue)
String key = issue.getKey()
String errorQueue = mailQueue.getErrorQueue()
if (errorQueue.contains(key))
	return true
		else false

But if i do this, the transition screen wont proceed and will be stuck in loading for 13 mins. 

What its suppose to do is, basically checks the error email queue when the email is sent 13 mins after and then identify if the issue key is in the error queue then it should transition to a "failed reply" status.

Is there any way around this or can anyone offer a better solution to check for the error queue after the email has been sent.

Many thanks, 

Pon

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2017

You'd have to start a new thread... but it seems like a bad solution.

new Thread({
    // do stuff
}).run()

Why might the email fail to be sent?  Why does it take 12 minutes to get there?

If you must do this maybe consider using a service: to run every 10 mins and check the error queue, making sure to remove it from the queue once processed.

0 votes
Deleted user March 29, 2017

The email keeps on retrying to send for around 12 minutes, i think its a configuration on the server side. 

Thank you for recommending me service.

What i was trying to do is if there is a mail in the errorQueue, then it would transition that issue to a failed delivery status extracting the issue key from the subject. 

And service does exactly this. I've placed the above code to Escalation service and works like a charm. 

Cheers,

Pon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events