Changing the button title

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2012

Hi,

I've created a new transition named: reopen issue, which reopen an issue usch as: task or story.

However, the button title is 'Stop Progress' (the description is fine: reopen an issue).

When I go to the transition properties I can find the following propety key & value:

jira.i18n.title - stopprogress.title

How do I rename the title from 'Stop Progress' to 'Reopen Issue'?

Thanks,

Janiv.

4 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2012

Just delete the property and the button should reflect the name of the transition.

There is a little documentation about this here - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-CreatingaWorkflow

0 votes
JoeR May 23, 2013

I had the same question...look for this in the documentation

(warning) If you are copying the default workflow (above) and wish to rename the workflow transition buttons on the 'View Issue' page, you must delete the jira.i18n.title and jira.i18n.description properties from all transitions in the copied workflow. Otherwise, the default names (i.e. values of these properties) will persist. Read more about transition properties.

0 votes
Karthik_Krishna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2013

I could not locate the answer in the documentation provided. It should be a straight forward setting somewhere. A button (for example "assign" button), if it has to be renamed to "assign to developer" or "change owner", then there should be a simpler way to do it.

If you have the solution, please share it.

Suggest an answer