Changing request type within an issue

Jim Stewart December 12, 2020

I notice that I if I have an issue and I want to assign it to someone else, I can open the issue and type in the other person's name and it goes to their queue.

Now, it seems like I can also (theoretically) change the request type from within the issue. Let's say the whole issue had been misattributed. When I start to type in another request type - say Change Request - it looks like it's searching. But nothing ever comes up.

I'm attaching pictures of how it looks when I try to modify the request type (initially employee onboarding) and a list of my request types. .

Change request.pngRequest types.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2020

Hi Jim, I think the issue here is that you can only change the RT to one that is available within the current Issuetype for a given issue.

example let’s say you have the following config:

issuetype: RTs

Incident: alarm, network outage

Access: vpn, building, sharepoint

Other: PC, phone, printer

If the issue was opened using say Printer RT it would be an issuetype of Other. If the agent try’s to change the Customer Request Type they will only see PC and Phone options. If the agent wants say VPN they would have to Move the issue to the Access issuetype. 

LMK if I missed the mark here. 

Jim Stewart December 12, 2020

No, that makes sense. Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders