Changing linked status when updating a workflow step

Kristopher King June 10, 2021

Editing an existing issue status in a project workflow changed all of the issues across all projects.  A new project was subsequently created and automatically populated with the old issue status.  I would like to revert to the prior issue status and then create a new issue status for my project, however I am unable to do so because of a system notification that the issue status already exists and thus I cannot rename.  

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi @Kristopher King 

Welcome to the Community!

Can you explain in a little more detail what it is you need please?

Thanks,

Liam

Kristopher King June 15, 2021

Hey @Liam Green 

Sure thing.  I updated the name for an issue status when creating a new workflow (from "To Do" to "To Do: Infrastructure").  Doing so then changed that issue status for all workflows that contained it, not just mine.  In the meantime, a new project was created and autopopulated with the default "To Do" issue status in its workflow.  I realized my error and tried to go back and change the issue status back to "To Do" and subsequently create a new issue status, however the system will no longer allow me to because "To Do already exists".  I need help figuring out how to revert "To Do: Infrastructure" back to "To Do".  I tried selecting the newly created "To Do", however this only seems to work for inactive projects and does not work for active projects.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Hi @Kristopher King 

What you may need to do is make the workflow 'inactive'.

If you take a copy of it, you can amend that one to have the old 'To Do' status in it.  Then simply swap your workflows so that the copy is the one you're using.

Suggest an answer