Changing default "Time Tracking Hours per Day"

Steven White April 6, 2014

Is it possible to change the "Time Tracking Hours per Day" from the Default 8hrs to 7hrs 30min?

I am just in the process of evaluating Jira & Jira Agile, but i've notice that the standard working time is set to 8hrs, but we work on a 7.5hr day. I'm logged in as the system admin but can not find a way to edit this.

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2014

It's under Admin -> Timetracking.

Be warned that your existing data will look a bit odd. Where your users have logged say "1 day", you'll start seeing "1day and a bit" because the old data won't be adjusted.

0 votes
Ryan Amos October 10, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- please help... I am trying to set this to 7.5 but every time I save (shows correctly initially)Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 15.58.22.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-10 at 15.58.28.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-10 at 15.58.35.png, and then refresh, it defaults back to 7! Is there a way to have this value and if so how?

Please see my screenshots

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

What does it do when you click "save"?  What screen does it go back to?  Any message on screen?

What does the log say when you click "save"?

Deleted user May 23, 2019

Ws this ever resolved - I'm seeing same behaviour - enter 7.5, press save and it appears to save, however if you refresh the browser window it reverts back to the previous value (7). Only occurs with decimal values. Integer values are saved and appear on refresh. My time tracking provider is Tempo, but I checked and get the same behaviour  if time tracking provider is Jira, so appears to be a JIra bug.

0 votes
Nick Knuth August 22, 2018

Just to make sure I understand correctly, when you check your working days in a project (M-F) it is only counting 8 hours for each day?  Also you cannot modify the hours per day by project correct?  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2018

It's still a global setting

santhosh kumar August 22, 2018

I want for particular project instaed of minutes default for project he want hours per project 

so how to change for particular project using behaviour

please suggest script for script runner plugin

Thanks

santhosh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2018

Please read the answers/comments added today.

0 votes
Steven White April 6, 2014

Many thanks to you both.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014
Jack Williams July 24, 2017

Is it possible to set this at a project level? We have different projects with different working hours.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2017

Nope, it's still a global setting

Nic Stransky September 14, 2017

Thanks Nic!

Santhosh Vegolam July 19, 2018

Hi Nic Brough,

Please confirm it is possible through script like Adaptavist script runner plugin in jira to edit the time tracking settings for single project instead of minutes to hours

please suggest/share  the script to fix it

Thanks

Santhosh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2018

No it is not.  I never suggested anything of the sort, so I don't know why you're asking for confirmation.  As I already said, it's a global setting.

Suggest an answer