Changing automatically responded tickets.

Deleted user August 24, 2015

Firstly I am a new JIRA Administrator in my company. We have a queue I am attempting to make an edit on for our internal teams. The NOC deals with variety of issues, some of which resolve quickly others of which that take time to. 

Currently when we have a ticket opened with the NOC they receive a notification via Hip-chat. When the ticket is commented on its But at times the queue gets very full, as the team is awaiting on responses from a business unit, that is awaiting a response from a customer. I would like to setup so that it works as follows. 

Customer opens ticket ---> NOC team responds to ticket ---> Ticket can be moved or goes into pending customer response status --> customer responds ---> ticket goes into actionable ticket (notified through hip-chat) 

Until the ticket is resolved we want it to stay open. But not to be seen in the working queue, so when the NOC team is looking through tickets to act on. They will already have all of the tickets sorted. Now they won't have to keep opening tickets that have had actions on them. And go directly to the next ticket that needs to be worked on.

This way when a ticket is replied to, by the NOC team. They can change it to the pending response. It removes the ticket from the NOC queue open status tickets. And then when the customer replies it reopens it and notifies us that it has reopened.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

I think, the first to check here is what is the condition that your JIRA instance notifies in Hip-chat. What I'm guessing is, it's sending a note whenever there is a ticket with "Open" status, somebody works on that ticket but the Assignee forgot to change it to something else like "Waiting for Client Response". You have several things to do or check here:

• Update the hip-chat condition for notification and educate your NOC team to always update the status of the ticket accordingly.
  • You can put an automation in place of your JIRA project that whenever a ticket get's worked on (somebody puts a comment on it or update something on it), the ticket will transition to waiting for client response. If someone that is not from the NOC team responded on the ticket, put it back to "NOC Team Investigating"
  • It all comes back to the Hip-chat condition that you should be only notified when there are tickets in the "Open" status, "NOC Team Investigating", or something like "Unassigned".

Take a look at JIRA Misc Workflow Plugins and the JIRA ScriptRunner which will aid you in the automations that I mentioned.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events