Changing Status on One Workflow Changes Status on Another Workflow (not desired behavior)

Frieda.Projansky January 27, 2022

Someone PLEASE help. I have wasted so much time.

I have two workflows
"QA Sample Project"

and "Copy of Copy of Software Simplified Workflow for Project CF"

When I open to edit either of them, they say "shared by 1 project" as in, they are not shared in multiple projects.

However, when I go into one project where workflow "QA Sample Project" is assigned and make an edit to a status, it changes it on the project assigned " "Copy of Copy of Software Simplified Workflow for Project CF" workflow.

Does it have to do with schemas? Please help
See attachments below, both projects are assigned different schemas.
image.pngimage.png

2 answers

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

@Frieda.Projansky The statuses are shared among all workflows throughout Jira so if you are changing the status, like the name for example, it will reflect in every workflow that uses that status. Statuses are not independent for each workflow.

-pjd

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Status are shared objects - your workflow does not contain any status, it has pointers to the global list of status.  When you edit a status, you're editing that shared object, so everywhere it is used gets changed.

You will need to add a new step to your workflow, creating a new separate status for it.  That will be independent of the other existing status.

Frieda.Projansky January 27, 2022

I do not understand. 

How can I make a project with statuses:
To Do
In Progress
Ready for UAT
Ready for STG

And a Project with:
To Do
In Progress
Ready for QA
Ready for Prod
?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2022

You create two workflows that link to those status on the different steps.  In those two, obviously To Do and In progress are pointing to shared status, but the other "ready for" status are new individual ones.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events