Changing Project Type

John Wood February 26, 2020

Hi all,

We have an issue at the moment (open with an Atlassian ticket) where we cannot create Service Desk projects.  I have however found that we can create a software project, then change it to a service desk project.

I'm a  bit nervous about doing it, putting all the workflows etc into it, and then finding an issue caused by not creating it as SD from the start.

So my question is simply: has anyone ever done it and it proved to work correctly, no bugs etc from converting from a non-SD project to a SD project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

@John Wood 

Did you submit a copy from your logs to Atlassian to speed up their assistance?

I never had a similar issue, however I won't suggest you to create a Software Project then switch it to JSD. There are so many features available in JSD not in Software projects.

Are you having this issue in a test environment or production? 

Best,

Fadoua

John Wood February 26, 2020

Hi yes, our platform owner is in discussion with Atlassian atm, some sort of sanitised backup/clone is what I think they have asked for.

Actually happens in both prod and staging, but I'm not really involved in that side of it.

I'm kind of agreeing with you on changing the type - the bits i can think to test work fine (eg queues etc) but I don't know all the stuff to test and don't entirely trust that it has fully converted.

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

If it is in both Test and Production it could be a misconfiguration step @John Wood 

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2020

@John Wood Did you hear back from Atlassian support? What is the issue?

Best,

Fadoua

John Wood February 28, 2020

Waiting on a response atm, took a while to submit them as we had to make sure they were properly sanitised.

Like Fadoua likes this
John Wood May 11, 2020

We did finally find the issue, sorry I forgot to update.

We still don't know how, but there had been a duplicate status created, which was creating a duplicate status error that hadnt been spotted

Suggest an answer