I'm trying to import a Jira Project into a new Server, however I am having trouble getting the configuration to match.
The Jira field for Epic Name and Epic Color are named differently in the source system. I managed to rename those.
However they are also linked to the Issuetype Epic, whereas I need them to be open to another Issuetype or all issuetypes.
I am testingwith the integrated database. Whenever I change the Fieldconfigurationscheme in the table fieldconfigschemeissuetype my changes get replaced on Jira startup.
For example I would set issuetype=NULL, and after startup that value set obviously gets deleted and a new one is created with the old configuration.
I also tried creating another dataset, so Epic Color would be open to two issuetypes. Doesn't work either.
I am fresh out of ideas how to get around that.
This is one of the reasons the fields are locked. You should not apply those fields to anything other than the Epic issue type. JIRA Software expects only that issue type to be set up as an Epic, and things *will* break in interesting ways if you achieve any of what you've just said.
Do NOT hack the database either - unless you are *absolutely* certain of what you are doing, you will break things, and actually, you've been lucky here in that JIRA is repairing some of the damage you've been doing.
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot