Changing Google Apps domain

Stefan Meisner Larsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2012

We are in the process of chaning the name of our company, and this means chaning our Google Apps domain too. All users in the existing domain is created in the new one with the same username; xyz@oldcompany.com becomes xyz@newcompany.com. Is it possible for us to integrate with our new Google Apps domain without loosing anything?

Best Regards,

Stefan Meisner Larsen

1 answer

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2012

It is going to take a few steps to complete, but this change can be completed. The general idea is that we will unlink your old Google Apps account (which will leave behind your users the way they currently are) link your new Google apps acct (which will pull in your new user accounts) and then you can bulk-edit over everything from the old users to the new ones.

Since you have an OnDemand account, the first step is to open a support request. From there we will make the necessary arrangements (switch-over times, restart/maintenance windows, etc.) My description may have sounded a bit cumbersome, but the process is pretty straight-forward.

Suggest an answer