Changes to default field configuration applying to new field configurations?

Deleted user May 20, 2021

Hi, I feel so confused and hope that someone can help me.

What I wanted to do:

-> I wanted to create a specific field configuration for specific issue types

-> For example, I wanted a customized field configuration for bug tickets

What I did:

1. I first created a new field configuration that I wanted to use for bugs and customized it accordingly.

2. In the Configure Field Configuration Scheme, I associated the issue type Bug with the newly created field configuration.

What happened:

-> Any changes that I made to either the new field config or the default field config would apply to the other.

Am I missing a step? I feel lost.

Any help would be great!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2021

Hello @[deleted],

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that it might be confusing. I tested here on my local site and I was able to link a field configuration scheme to an issue type, but once the issue type is added to a project, it will follow be linked to the field configuration scheme of the project. 

Each issue type can be associated with one configuration scheme:

• An issue type can only have one association within a given configuration scheme.
  • If an issue type does not have an association in the scheme, the field configuration associated with the Default entry in the scheme will be used for issues of that type.

Any changes that I made to either the new field config or the default field config would apply to the other.

Can you please let us know more details about what is happening?

If the same field configuration scheme is shared between projects, then if you, for example, set a field as required in the field configuration scheme for Bug, it will affect other projects that have the same scheme. 

Feel free to share screenshots with us, just make sure to hide private information. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events