Changes to Sprint after Sprint start.

Meenakshi Khanna July 31, 2018

How do I get list of Stories with Story points and assignees which were added to the sprint after Sprint start.

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018
Meenakshi Khanna August 2, 2018

Thanks Ollie.

I was able to use your JQL to find the list of Stories added after sprint start. I may tag them try what Giedre suggested below. ( Thanks again )

Moe WDC September 21, 2018

Can you please provide that JQL query here. Thanks

3 votes
Answer accepted
Giedre Yager July 31, 2018

I had the same question since I started using Jira, especially when it comes to visualization. 

My solution is adding a labal AfterStartTime and then using Card color and a swimlane to visualize on our board (see picture attached).

It is rather manual solution, but works pretty well for us.
After start time solution.png

Meenakshi Khanna August 2, 2018

Thanks Giedre.

This is helpful though as you said manual effort is involved. We need to tag each story that someone in team adds after sprint start.

Giedre Yager August 2, 2018

You just need to convince your team to add a label, and once everyone is in the habit, it is really easy. And for my teams this provided a very good overview - VISIBILITY IS THE KEY to stay on the same page.

Though if you find an easier solution (less manual), please, share with me :)

Like G subramanyam likes this
AmandaStobbart May 1, 2019

Can you please tell me how do add issues to a sprint after it has started please?

1 vote
Chris Rees June 12, 2019

Vote for JSWSERVER-20097 to have this built into JIRA Server, or JSWCLOUD-16523 for JIRA Cloud, by default.

Suggest an answer