Change workflow scheme need to take backup

I have created a new workflow scheme and want to replace with the exsiting workflow schdme. Let me know how can i take the backup so to ensure if anything goes wrong i can restore the previous data.

1 answer

Hi, you can create a copy of the workflow scheme and all its workflows, however if statuses have been changed and during the migration you've mapped workflow statuses, there may be loss of data. In that case I suggest doing a full backup and restore if required. You'd probably need to "freeze" the system in case.

Actually when i assign the new workflow scheme to an existing Project it says that please ask your system administrator to take a backup in xml file. How can i take that back up.

Hi, you can do an export by following: You will need to be an admin to do this.

Will this take back up of the entire project configured in JIRA?

I want to take a backup of only one project.

It's not quite possible, at least not from JIRA. You might have some luck with plugins, but no official way.

Let me know how to take back up of one project only

I have JIra on demand , can i get this done by support engineers as shared in the link below

only 5 to 10 projects.

or is there any other way to do this so that data does not mess and i can recover the previous data if something goes wrong

NNG and was this a full or only 1 project backup?

As said as far as I know JIRA only do full backups properly/officially.

please share your views, is it possible

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

275 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot