Change workflow - Change type and submission date to allow start time variables

Vamsi Krishna Panthulu November 28, 2022

i want the change type and submission date fields while creating a new change ticket to allow appropriate change start date.

if the change type is normal and it is being submitted today, i want the change start date field to have a restriction which will not allow any value under 7 days.  is this possible with any custom fields or scripting in jira ?

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Vamsi Krishna Panthulu 

Out of the box, you can't do that. You need an app like JMWE, JSU, JWT or scriptrunner.

0 votes
I.Kharab November 30, 2022

Hi @Vamsi Krishna Panthulu

You can perform such restrictions using our app Jira Workflow Toolbox,

Where you can add a Logical validator in the create transition with the following expression:

%{issue.issueType} = "Task" and datePart({issue.dueDate}, LOCAL) = datePart({system.currentDateTime}, LOCAL) ? datePart({issue.dueDate}, LOCAL) >= addDays({system.currentDateTime}, 7, LOCAL) : true

You should adapt the expression to your needs, I have used due date and issue type task instead.

You can also add an error message to be displayed for an easy understanding of what is blocking the transition, see the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 12-01-33 Update Workflow Transition 'Logical validator' Validator - Your Company Jira.png

And when you try to create an issue that does not satisfy the logical expression we would get the following:

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 11-56-00 Create Issue - Your Company Jira.png

You can have a free trial period for JWT.

Kind regards,

Iheb Kharab

Decadis AG

Suggest an answer