Change setting of Allow unassigned issues Turn OFF

Admin Jira January 11, 2017

Hi Expert ,

I want to change setting for allow unassigned issues to turn OFF , below i got the error 

Allow unassigned issues
Cannot turn off "Allow unassigned issues" as there are 1 issue(s) that are unassigned.
Please assign these issues before disabling Unassigned Issues.
N.B. You may not have permissions to view all of these issues

When I select that 1 issue I can't find this issue on issue list , even filter unassigned.

So I can't edit this setting.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Filipe Santos June 21, 2019

I tried Nic's suggestions and none of them worked for me.

After some wandering around I realized one of our issue types had the Assignee field hidden in Field Configuration. When I changed it to not hidden, the JQL "assignee IS EMPTY" started showing the issues that were preventing me from disallowing unassigned issues

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2017

That suggests you have project permissions or issue security that is stopping you from seeing the issue, or your index may be damaged in some way.  To work these out:

When you go to the main user list of projects off the main menu, count how many you can see there.  Then go to admin -> projects and see how many there are in there.  If the number is different, there are projects you can't see as a users, and your issue is probably lurking in there.

Go to admin -> issue security and check out the schemes - are there any that might be hiding an issue from you?

Try re-indexing

If it's none of those, your last resort is to look in the database - you need something like

select * from jiraissue where assignee = ""

to look for the empty assignee field.  You'll then need to have a look at why the index is failing to pick that up (because that's what the check is being done on)

Suggest an answer