It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change issue type with different workflow - post function doesn't execute

We have a Requirements issue type with a custom workflow with multiple steps. Recently someone transitioned a Requirement to an Action Item issue type that just has the To Do - In Progress - Done workflow. When they transitioned the Requirement, they migrated the new status to Done. We have a post function on the Action Item workflow that should set the resolution to Done as well, but when the transition was done, this post function didn't kick off. The result is that we have items with a status of Done but a resolution of Unresolved.

How can I update my workflows to account for this scenario?

Thanks!
Laurie

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Sep 12, 2019

Yes so the move isn't actually executing the transition to Done so the PF would not trigger. So now you need to 'reopen' these and 're-transition'. There are a few ways of doing this here are my suggestions...either...

• use bulk edit -
    1. transition all issues (issuetype = Action and resolution is empty) back to In Progress and optionally add a comment as to why
    2. transition all issues (issuetype = Action and resolution is empty) back to Done
  • create a new transition from Done back to Done call it redone if you like, add the PF to set resolution and use it to address the issue.

if there are just a few do them manually.

Thanks for confirming that @Jack

That's exactly what I ended up doing. I do like the concept in option 2 to deal with this more easily going forward.

Appreciate it!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

314 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you