Change Ticket Workflow with Approvers

REHAB HelpDesk June 30, 2017

Hi All, 

We have Jira Service Desk local server version v7.3.0. I have the default change ticket workflow. When the change ticket is created it automatically has the ticket in an "Awaiting Approval" status. The only change we would like to make is to just add a first step that when the ticket is created it is in an "Open" status. When approvers are added to the approvers field in the change ticket then it will change the status to "Awaiting Approval". I made a copy of the default change workflow and added an "Open" status. Looking at the transition from the "Open" to "Awaiting Approval" status I cannot see anything we can use to trigger this. Any help would be appreciated.

The main goal is just to have the change ticket start out in an "Open" status and when the approvers field is populated (which will be after the ticket is created) that is when it will move to an "Awaiting Approval" status. Anything close to this process is acceptable. Thanks!Change Ticket Workflow1.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2017

Let me ask some questions in order to better understand this use case:

• Who exactly is supposed to set the approvers and based on what criteria?
  • Can the list of approvers be known in advance?
  • What's the selection of an approver based on?
REHAB HelpDesk July 3, 2017

The IT agent making the ticket will be setting the approvers. The criteria is based on the criticality of the change ticket differnet managers will be approvers. We have an internal process to determine that. Yes, the approvers are known before the ticket is created. 

The main goal is our IT agents would like the ability to make the change tickets (with the approvers field not populated) in an OPEN status just to prep it, make adjustments the ticket, etc. Once they want to the ticket to flag the approvers they would add the approvers to the approvers field which would update the ticket status from OPEN to AWAITING APPROVAL. 

Suggest an answer