Change Sub task priority based on Main task

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2018

Hello, 

I have a question, can I somehow set that when I change the priority of the main task all subtasks priorities change?

Thanks, 

BR, Olga

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2018

Hello, I tested booth of solution above and they work, ty :D

But since I only have the trial license for me I didn't use that but if anyone has JSU, I have a full license for Jira Suits Utility I used that.

The way to do this using JSU is using "copy value form other filed" -> Issue Relation: issue in transition to sub task -> Copy Field Priority to: Priority 

All solutions work :D

BR, Olga

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2021

Just a note for others, in case someone uses JSU post function on Create transition (for example, when inheriting priority to subtask from parent):

If you are using the "Copy Value From Other Field" post function in the Create transition, in general you must position it BEFORE the "Creates the issue originally." and before the "Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database." post function.

Like Olga Videc likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
kavi shree
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2018

Hi @Olga Videc

My suggestion would be using Listeners,

Based on any system event(eg:Issue update),Sub-task values would be updated

FYI,

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/listeners.html#_custom_listeners

Cheers

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2018

Great advice ty :D

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2018
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2018

Hi, that know but I hoped their was another way but ok ty :D

Suggest an answer