Change JIRA to show exact activity time

How can I change JIRA to show exact activity time?

Example:
Let's say I have an issue and change its status to one of our custom workflow status - say: UNDERWAY. Then I do the work and finish the work for that issue. Now I want to log my work against the issue. I go to check the activity tab of the issue to see when I changed the status to UNDERWAY but it says: 1 hour ago. That is very ambigious. 1h 15 minutes? 1h 50 minutes? 45 minutes?

Is there a setting in JIRA to show the exact time for the activity tab of issues? It can either show me exactly: 1h 53 minutes ago OR just show me the exact timestamp like: 9:13am. Either works for me.

How can I configure this? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Paul Greig Atlassian Team Jul 25, 2013

Hi Harrison,

There is an improvement request for this exact feature to be added to JIRA. The improvement is available to vote and view at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33449.

The time itself does revert to a specific timestamp when the recorded activity reaches the next day.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks Paul.

As a note to anyone who clicks the link Paul gave - for whatever reason the link includes the period at the end which will then take you to a page which says the issue doesn't exist. Just remove the period and it will take you to the correct issue. :-D

Actually, on the next day, it just says "yesterday"...

... and note that the issue that Paul pointed to was closed as "wont fix"

This widget could not be displayed.

No one knows?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

576 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you