Change Issue Navigator configuration - how to?

Rumceisz July 4, 2013

Hi All,

we have upgraded our Jira to 5.2.8 couple of weeks ago.

The problem is when you click on the Issues -> Search for Issues then you will be navigated to the Navigator. That's correct. The problem is that by default we get all issues we have permissions. E.g. as a jira-admin I see all the issues in our instance. Because of this the navigator uses to load very slowly.

In the previous Jira version (5.1.2) when we navigated to the navigator we had always the last search result.

Is it possible to change this?

Thank in advance,
Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2013

EDIT:

Rumceisz even though https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30855 is closed as 'Won't Fix' there is a specific reason for that, as it makes it the behaviour of Issue Navigator consistent.

In our tests, for example in our support system with 400K issues and our public facing instance with around 200K issues, the navigator loads in a couple of seconds (~3 seconds on an average).

Do you see a different behaviour in your instance?

And I am hoping that JIRA is running as per the recommendations - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2013

Hi Rumceisz,

I am not aware about any easy method (form UI) to change this behavior. The idea behind this is that every search is now treated a separate action. In the old search is was remembering the last search, but this was confusing when you wanted to have two or more searchers. Refreshing Issue Navigator even you have different search was giving you the last search. Now you can have more results.

You only see one set of search results at any given time, even if you have multiple browser windows open. Your search results remain constant until you choose to refresh them. This provides you with a constant set of search results that you can work from when triaging issues. Since your search results don't change as you are making changes to the list, you maintain the original list you started with.

However I agree that when having a lot of issue this could create problems with the performance.

I think that the best solution should be to choose the default filter that you want to start with every new search. That could fix the potential problem.

Best Regards,

Mirek

Suggest an answer