Change Colors of Jira Cloud Component Tags?

Charisma Riley November 15, 2018

Is it possible to change the colors of component tags? Or are they all just white with black text?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2018

Hi Charisma,

Currently, it's not possible to add color to components. I've searched for add-ons on our marketplace, but I didn't find anything that could help us.
If possible, give us more details about why do you need to change the color of the components. Then we can create a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability.

Regards,
Angélica

Charisma Riley November 17, 2018

I just like how Trello allows me to define multiple colors for labels; I find it very helpful. I imagine the same would be said for Jira, and I'm surprised it's a feature that doesn't exist yet.

(Also, it greatly confused me why more colors and custom colors don't exist in Trello yet).

Like # people like this
4 votes
Dan Zietlow November 10, 2022

I think having the ability to specify custom colors for components such that any issues assigned a given component label would then inherit the component color attribute for the issue card color would be a time saving feature to have.

Linnéa Aronsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

Agree

Suggest an answer