Certificate Renewal

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Can some one provide more details about certificate renewal also how can it will be done.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

@Fahad Siddiquirenewal of certificate depend upon your certificate issuer.

For example,

If your certificate is self signed (using openssl/keytool etc), it is as simple as generating a new certificate.

If your certificate is issued by Amazon for AWS service, you can setup auto renewal.

If your certificate is issued by Let's Encrypt, it also provide auto renewal setup.

If you certificate is issue by other provider like, VeriSign, DigiCert, Comodo etc, you need to visit there site and purchase/renew certificate and follow instructions provided by them.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Dear,

Actually i am not aware how its was created. How can i get details can you assist.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

If you are not aware of how certificate was created, you have two options,

1. Click on lock icon on browser's address bar after opening site for which you want to verify certificate and look at certificate information.
  2. Completely ignore the old certificate and get a new one, it will not effect anything.

For example - certificate information of https://community.atlassian.net looks like this,

Untitled.png

So we know that this is issued by DigiCert Inc.

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

i cant find the identity. But its showing like issued by the production link.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

I think getting a new certificate is better choice. I am not aware of "production link".

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

I have never created a certificate before, can you assist how to start and what is required to create certificate.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

@Fahad Siddiquiyou need specify your need before I can give you clear guidelines,

Are you trying to create certificate for your Jira, and if yes do you have any proxy server etc?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

No proxy server .

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

Go though this article - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/running-jira-applications-over-ssl-or-https-938847764.html

You need an admin access to machine where Jira is hosted, and if you are buying certificate from external authority you also need an access to domain provider.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

You mean on JIRA server machine i need to have admin rights?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

It means, machine where Jira is hosted you need rights to make changes in Jira installation directory.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

i just wanted to ask one more information. If the add-on app showing that they will be expire need to be updated or buy. if we need to know why add on will affect which area or filed can we know that.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

No, you can not find that information about add-on. At most you can look at each module and screenshot they provide and do the guess work.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

ok... its showing the expire dates. if we update the version will it ask the some information? also some requires to be purshaced

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

No it will not ask for any information. Updating add-ons is simple UI operation in Jira. But I suggest you renew licenses before updating any add-on, because some add-ons might not work properly after upgrade if you don't have valid license.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

Hi! 

Could you provide a more details info, please? 

if you are not using revers proxy is one story

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-Certificate-renewal/qaq-p/713253

if you use reverse proxy, it will be done on revers proxy side.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

0 votes
Christian Schopf June 5, 2020

Because I hated that I had to scroll thru comments for a solution, i created this step by step tutorial for dummies like me.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-To-Jira-Server-with-official-Wildcard-Certificate-Use-or/qaq-p/1399154

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events