Cant create a story in the Board

Denny Pujo May 25, 2022

Suddenly, started from yesterday afternoon, I couldnt create a story in the board. When I'm trying to reach the technical support, they said that I need to contact the site admin, while the account that i'm using is a site admin.

Is there someone that has the same experience with me? How can this problem solved?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Denny Pujo May 26, 2022

Turns out that this is an issue with Jira itself. whenever I come inside the board, they will ask bellow question. as long as I dont click Yes or No, I can operate everything normally, once I click No, then my account will be locked and cant do anything. What a disappointment . . .

image.png

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Hi @Denny Pujo ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

First of all you need to check if you have "Create Issues" permissions for the project associated to your project.

If yes, please verify that Story is an issue type associated to Project Issue Type Scheme.

If all is ok, please verify board filter in order to verify that Stories are part of filter.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Denny Pujo May 26, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ my role is the site_admin, which I believe is high enough to be able to do everything. Actually it was working fine before, just that started from yesterday all of Site_Admin role cannot create any story/task, cannot open any board story's detail / task's detail, cannot move any stories/task to the next phase. Also, whenever I open the board, there is always an annoying popup asking whether I want to move the first issue into the backlog or not.

While normal user, can still do everything normally.

To provide more detail :

- My roles are : administrators, jira-software-userssite-admins

- Yes, Story is an issue type associated to the project issue type scheme

- Story, is also part of the filter

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Hi @Denny Pujo ,

even if you are site admin you could not have permission for that particular project. 

You need to check the permission scheme of that project and verify that your are in the groups/roles able to see and create issues.

Denny Pujo May 26, 2022

hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ in the project's permission access, my roles are Administrator and Member. Should I add another role?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

Are you able to create stories in that project using create button on the top navigation bar?Please could you share the screenshot of your board?

Denny Pujo May 26, 2022

Here is the image of my board. Yes I can click the create, after that, it will go to my board, but then in the board, I cant see the story that I just created

image.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

Ok @Denny Pujo , the problem is not story creation but board filter.

Are u using a scrum (backlog+sprint board) or kanban board? Please could you share the related board filter?

Denny Pujo May 26, 2022

Is this how I see the board's filter? I dont have any filter in the current board.
We are using the Kanban board currently

image.png

Denny Pujo May 26, 2022

also, now whenever I go to my Board, it keeps showing this. If I choose 'no', then refresh my page, then it will showing the same popup over and over again.

image.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

@Denny Pujo , based on your screenshot your project is a team managed one (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/next-gen-board-rules/).

Please verify columns and statuses in order to verify that all status have been mapped to the board. Share your columns mapping if necessary.

Ciao,

Fabio

Denny Pujo May 26, 2022

All of the statuses had been mapped correctly to the board. This is my columns and statuses. I cant even create a story in the INBOX

image.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

Could you share your story workflow?

Denny Pujo May 26, 2022

sure, here is my story workflow

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders