Cant change story to task

Marko Sahan May 10, 2023

After creating a ticket, I wanted to change the story type to a task type. In the end, after confirming all changes, I got the error with a log reference a5f86ab6-28ca-406f-a09a-dbd3eef5e04f

The issue occurred yesterday. At least 4 more colleagues faced with the same problem

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 10.29.51.pngScreenshot 2023-05-10 at 10.29.58.png

1 answer

0 votes
James Havelock May 10, 2023

Recommend you first get your project admin to try the same task. Then at least, if they succeed, you know it is likely to be a permission based issue - and if not, then you can try in a different project in the same Jira instance to see where to look for the best next troubleshooting step.

Marko Sahan May 10, 2023

The issue occurred across different tickets and different projects. I listed my issue as the example. Previously there was no need to be an admin to change the ticket type and I did it freely. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

This is a back-end error message, something went wrong on the server running your instance. 

It may be related to permissions, but it won't be that your people don't have the right permissions.  If it were, you would not be offered the option to move the issue to the new type.

This needs to be raised as a problem with Atlassian - report it on https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events