Cant add issue type in this workspace

Hanin Faqih December 27, 2020

I have two workspaces one of them I can edit its issue type and the other one I cant, what should I do to be able to add issue type to the projects in the second workspace 

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 11.10.34 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2020

Hi @Hanin Faqih ,  I assume by “workspaces” you mean projects? Further it seems you are stating that you are able to add an issuetype to on of the two projects but not the other. Is this correct? 

In the image above what is it that your are trying to convey? It doesn’t seem to related to adding issuetype. 

mare both projects Classic projects? Do you have admin access to each project? Can you access project settings under both?

Hanin Faqih December 27, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey

Im not sure why I dont have admin permission even though I am the one who created this workspace. By workspace I dont mean project no, I have two different URLs for two different workspaces (or Im not sure what to call them) one of them is internal with the team and the other is external with the client. 

The purpose of the screenshot is to show you that I dont have issues in the settings icon this is why I cant add issue type. Moreover, when I click on "AS: Scrum Default Issue Screen" in my project settings it shows an error. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.53.23 AM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2020

Ok so you have two Jira instances. Got it. I’m guessing that something is taking an abnormal amount of time to setup on the one instance. What I find odd is that it seems you have actually created a project in the instance. If you are the one that set it up you would be the site admin by default. I would reach out to Atlassian Support directly - 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events