Cant See Story Points in Issue Tracker

geoffrey emery December 11, 2012

i read this article

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/100693/story-points-not-showing-up-in-issue-navigator-or-export-but-shows-up-in-configure-columns

but when i run this query

project = "project" AND issuetype = story

Funny enought this works

project = PRIME AND issuetype = Code AND "Story Points" = "2"

ARGH

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Is "Story Points" available for project "project" and issuetype "story"?

geoffrey emery December 11, 2012

Yes it is i figured my own answer though i think it may be a bug.. I editied stories to apply to global context and it pulled it out seems like this should be able to be applied in a per project though

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2012

I can't replicate this as a bug - as long as my filter selects for a set of projects and issue types that story points are valid for, it works.

I do think there's a massive flaw in the way Atlassian implement this though. There is some logic behind it, which does make sense when you work through it, but the fact is that it confuses the users and for most of us, Jira should really display the result, ideally with some indicator that there is no value possible for the issues where the field does not exist, rather than dropping the whole column.

Suggest an answer