Cannot uninstall app

Berk Atlasian November 27, 2019

I was developing custom app for JIRA. At some point i decided to rename the app but for some reason i am unable to remove the app.

Steps i have tried: 

I cleared plugin caches in home directory but i did not help.

I can't see these plugins in installed plugins directory as well.

Did restart JIRA.

Renamed project and upload it again.

It says : This app couldn't be loaded. It has one or more errors that prevent it from being enabled.

Manage apps - Jira.jpg

When i try to upload app again it throws error: 

PortfolioManagement: Install Plugin
: Upload failed --- {"type":"INSTALL","pingAfter":100,"status":{"done":true,"statusCode":200,"contentType":"application/vnd.atl.plugins.task.install.err+json","sub
Code":"upm.pluginInstall.error.install.failed"},"links":{"self":"/rest/plugins/1.0/pending/3e54dc48-eb7f-43c7-b184-08827892e2c5","alternate":"/rest/plugins/1.0/tas
ks/3e54dc48-eb7f-43c7-b184-08827892e2c5"},"timestamp":1574846386627,"userKey":"JIRAUSER10000","id":"3e54dc48-eb7f-43c7-b184-08827892e2c5"} -> [Help 1]

atlassian-jira.log error:

com.atlassian.upm.spi.PluginInstallException: Unknown error, plugin not installed
com.atlassian.upm.spi.PluginInstallException: Unknown error, plugin not installed
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.AbstractPluginInstallHandler.installArtifact(AbstractPluginInstallHandler.java:122)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.JarPluginInstallHandler.installPluginInternal(JarPluginInstallHandler.java:52)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.AbstractPluginInstallHandler.installPlugin(AbstractPluginInstallHandler.java:60)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.DefaultPluginInstallationService.execute(DefaultPluginInstallationService.java:129)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.install.DefaultPluginInstallationService.install(DefaultPluginInstallationService.java:97)
        at com.atlassian.upm.install.UpmPluginInstallationService.install(UpmPluginInstallationService.java:117)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallTask.installFromFile(InstallTask.java:156)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallFromFileTask.executeTask(InstallFromFileTask.java:37)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.rest.resources.install.InstallTask.run(InstallTask.java:81)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager.executeTask(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:124)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager$1.call(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:102)
        at com.atlassian.upm.core.async.AsynchronousTaskManager$1.call(AsynchronousTaskManager.java:99)
        at com.atlassian.sal.core.executor.ThreadLocalDelegateCallable.call(ThreadLocalDelegateCallable.java:38)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)                                                                                                                               at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)                                                                                                        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Berk Atlasian December 1, 2019

I changed some classes in source code then installed plugin again succesfully after that i was able to uninstall. Still do not know the initial reason though

0 votes
Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

Hi @Berk Atlasian , 

Welcome to Atlassian Community. 

Can you please try doing the same in the safe mode ?

If you look at all the logs, then it may point to one of the classes in your plugin. 

Also, please check if your JIRA version is accepting all the classes you have build. 

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Berk Atlasian December 1, 2019

Sadly it did not help

Suggest an answer